On 2 Dec 1999, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> Jules Bean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | ---- proto lyxml fragment
> | <section title="Definitions and Examples">
> | <theorem type="Definition">
> | <emph>category</emph>
> |  is:
> | <itemize>
> | </item>
> | </item>
> | -----
>
> Actaully this is the direction I want the LyX format to envolve. And a
> lot of that is quite easy to do right now. If you look at the previous
> devel branch I began doing some fo this, but I used more latex like
> constructs, but that is not really important.

Excellent :-).  Eventually, it would be nice if LyX became completely
LaTeX-independent (so LaTex was just a back-end, and that's all) but for
now we're going to need a way for users to input direct LaTeX from time to
time.

> Note however that we need to support some hardcoding of spacing and
> the like:
>
> <section>
> <section-parameters>
> </section-paramters>
> </section>

Surely it's better to say

<section paramx="frog" wibble="foo"...>
</section>

> I think we should try to begin taking LyX in this direction, _but_ we
> have more pressing tasks.

Fair enough :-)

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Jules aka     | [EMAIL PROTECTED]              |  Richmond, Surrey   |
|  Julian Bean   | [EMAIL PROTECTED]        |  TW9 2TF *UK*       |