Martin Norbäck wrote:

> However, running ttmkfdir (the one distributed with freetype-1.2) only
> produces a lot of iso8859-* encodings and koi8 and ascii-0. No
> iso10646-1 :(
>
> Is there som way to persuade ttmkfdir to generate an iso-10646 variation
> of a specific font? I don't want to load heaps of different encodings to
> get the glyph I want.

     What I do is to put only one line with iso10646-1 at the end of it, like
this:

cyberbit.ttf -bitstream-Bitstream Cyberbit-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-iso10646-1

     With the Fontmanager under KDE 1.1.2 (in Mandrake 6.1), this seems to work,
at least rescaling works perfectly.  Be careful, it takes a very long time for the
font server to render this monster font file for every font size.  But this
program just display a few english words.  So it's not possible to know if
non-Ascii characters will work too.  I lack a software which needs or uses Unicode
specifically.  Netscape 4.6 supports Unicode, but it seems to ignore this font.
So I tried to change iso10646-1 to unicode2-0 and unicode-2-0.  However, none of
them works.

     Seak