Lars> Is this also treu after reading the file again? What keynap are
Lars> you using?

Lars> Seems like Lyx does not think that this char can be directly
Lars> showed/dispplayed, and used a InsetLatexInset to show it.

After debugging this a bit, it seems that you broke the parsing of
cdef files with the new regexp stuff. The problem is that you do not
handle backslash escapes, and \\\"{o} is kept as is in chset map,
instead of transforming it to \"{o}.

It does not seem to me that the new parsing is significantly better
that plain old lyxlex...

Moreover, your regexp "^([12][0-9][0-9])[ \t]+\"([^ ]+)\".*" does not
allow for spaces at the beginning of a line, but allows any junk at
the end of a line... And any wrongly formed line is silently ignored
as if it were a comment. Frankly, I think the old code was much better
(at least for _this_ particular file: there might be advantages to
regexps in other cases). If you really like regexps, you should design
a regexp-based parse class, which handles all the robustness matters.