Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:51:12 -0600 (CST)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: (Lars Gullik=?us-ascii?Q?_Bj=F8nnes?=) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Feedback from www.lyx.org

On 21-Dec-99 Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
>| Aaron Konstam ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) entered the
>| following feedback message on the LyX home page:
>| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>|
>| I downloaded lyx-1.1.2 and tried to install it. I ram :
>| ./configure and the system could not find libforms even though
>| it was in /usr/X11R6/lib. Setting a extra lib argument did not help.
>| I am lost at what to try next.
>
> did it find forms.h?
>
>       Lgb
Well I have solved this problem. To answer your question no it did not. But the
the original problem was that in xforms.88-2 there is an _xstat which is
undefined. You system craps out at that point. I installed xforms.88.1-5 and
that worked. I explained that in a separate message. In this version of xforms
it is the module __xstat (2 underlines) which turns out to be ok. Then I had to
bring over a forms.h which normally comes from I don't know where.

Then came the installation problem where I could not import LaTex documents
because of an incorrect prefix NONE on the share/lyx directory. This had to be
fixed by running ./configure --datadir=/usr/local

These are problems that need to be explained to your installers. I am
installing by the way in a RH 6.0 system.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.