Svante> Hello, Here are the changes in the Makefile.in (Makefile) I
Svante> had to do in order to build the lyx-1.1.4CVS.tar.gz-file and
Svante> the rpm's from the CVS sources.

Svante> Makefile.in, src/Makefile, lib/Makefile.in,
Svante> lib/reLyX/Makefile.in # Typos in the distdir target. cp -pr
Svante> $$/$$file $(distdir)/$$file; \ ^ cp -pr $$d/$$file
Svante> $(distdir)/$$file; \

Svante> (Also src/insets/Makefile.in, src/mathed/Makefile.in,
Svante> src/support/Makefile.in share the same typo, but these does
Svante> not seem ot affect the result.)

Svante> Probably the change has to be made in the files used by
Svante> automake, but since I'm new to automake I could not find the
Svante> file to change. Please enlight me, which files are used by
Svante> automake to generate Makefile.in?

Hello,

The bug is in fact in automake 1.4 (which generates Makefile.in from
Makefile.am). This seems to be fixed in current automake cvs sources,
but I do not know when next version of automake is scheduled to
ship... Until then, I do not know what we can do (since asking all
developpers to use the develpment version of automake is probably not
a good idea).