Andre> I just checked out the latest CVS, started autogen.sh and got
Andre> the following message

Andre> automake: src/mathed/Makefile.am: `libmathed.o' is not a
Andre> standard libtool library name

Andre> The same for libinsets.o.

Andre> make afterwards complains about finding "no rule to make target
Andre> `support/libsupport.o' needed by `lyx' " There is indeed no
Andre> rule for that in the Makefile (only for libsupport.la).

Andre> If I change the Makefiles to use .o instead of .la, everything
Andre> is fine.

Andre> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. I think Lars got it wrong, but I'm sure he will correct it
soon :)