Do not hold your breath, since I need to get a PhD, but it occurs to me that
GUI independence would be accelerated by having some common cases as re-usable
widgets or something spiritually similar. How many boxes have a message and
yes, no and cancel buttons? Would it not make sense to have a gettext aware
version of such a box---it seems this could convert a lot of boxen quite
quickly.

I guess the first step would be writing a XForms version of the idea above and
using it instead of custom boxes everywhere. I will look at this some time
modulo dealing with OLE archives on C++ implementations without overidable
sys_read, sys_write and sys_seek functions (the documentation incidates these
are specific to my iostream implementation). Does the standard have anything
equivilent? (I can not RTFS myself).

Apart from this I need to get all sorts of "real work" done and lot more ideas
in some areas.

--
Duncan (-:
"software industry, the: unique industry where selling substandard goods is