On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 10:27:16AM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:

> Can somebody please explain to me why the Esc button exits me from math-editor
> mode. I know it's meant to, I've read the documentation. What I can't
> understand is why this is a Good Thing. The functionality is already
> provided by either the arrow keys (to scroll out of the math-box), or the mouse
> button (to click out).

Because if you're in the middle of the math expression (e.g. editing
something), then arrow doesn't scroll out, and the mouse is very far away.
In fact, it's significantly easier to hit Esc (especially for vi users!)
than to move to the right arrow key.

> Could I request that this feature be removed so that emacs-style bindings are
> useable. Please, please, please.

But what about all the people who don't use emacs bindings?

-Amir