"Lars Gullik Bjønnes" wrote:

> You don't need knowledge about lyx internals to debug lyxsum.C.
>
> | Maybe I will be able to do some debugging in the evening (about 6 PM). I
> | will try do add some printf's. Maybe you wait with releasing Lyx-1.1.4
> | until then?
>
> Until monday at least.

Hi Lars,

I took a look at lyxsum.C and first of all I found out that the
MODERN_STL_STREAMS part has been compiled. The ifs is opened correctly
first. However, for some strange reason readsome returns 0 characters
which explains why I always get the same result. From my point of view
it seems like readsome is broken. I checked for another place within Lyx
but "readsome" is used only once in the whole program. When I developed
a simple C++ program on my own, readsome failed again. Unfortunately, I
am not able to debug readsome for the moment. So I will have to live
with that problem until after the release of 1.1.4 (it's not a tragedy)

Michael

Michael Schmitt                            phone:     +49 451 500 3725
Institute for Telematics                   secretary: +49 451 500 3721
Medical University of Luebeck              fax:       +49 451 500 3722
Ratzeburger Allee 160              eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-23538 Luebeck, Germany           WWW:   http://www.itm.mu-luebeck.de

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature