[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I used LyX on RedHat without problems, but on Debian it works as
> well, but can't use Latex.  It says while compiling that latex was
> found (it is there) but it is not usable.

Is your tetex setup configured correctly?

> Do you know that as common problem ?

No, not at all.

> Every thing is installed fine regarding my Debian system.

Are you really sure?  Does LaTeX work at all when invoked on the
commandline or from Emacs with a tex file?

I'm using LyX since some two or three years on various flavours of
Debian Linux and i'm currently running Debian/potato with the very
latest Debian LyX package:

    ii  lyx 1.1.4-0pre1 High Level Word Processor

My current tetex setup is as follows:

    ii  tetex-base 1.0-7   teTeX library files
    ii  tetex-bin  1.0.6-3 teTeX binary files
    ii  tetex-extra 1.0-7 teTeX library files
    ii  tetex-lib 1.0.6-3 libkpathsea for teTeX
    ii  tetex-nonfree 1.0-7 teTeX library files

Needless to say that it works flawlessly.

I guess you need to give some more concrete information before we can
give you any advice.  Why didn't you BTW write the Debian maintainer
for LyX about you problem?
                                Good luck, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -------------