hello lyx developpers,

----1st mail posted en lyx-user

i've got a problem with the bibtex reference insertion, (in lyx 1.1.3
and lyx 1.1.4pre2, and at least 1.1.4),

I'm using an OSF1 flore V4.0 1091 alpha
with
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (C version 6.1)
**

using
>kpsewhich --version
kpathsea version 2.6.

in fact when i try to insert a reference from my bib file by "insert
reference", there are no choice to select in the key field,

the field in the "bibtex generated reference" is weel filled,

a complement, the response of lyx is :
kpse status = 512
kpse result = `'
style = `'
data = `/users/laih2/ymorere/lyx/these/theorems/bib_papier.bib'

where does the problem come from?

have you got an idea, is my version of kpsewhich too old?

----no reply 2nd mail to add some details

i forgot something yesterday :

this message is given by lyx when i compile my lyx file

kpse status = 512
kpse result = `'
style = `'
data = `/users/laih2/ymorere/lyx/these/theorems/bib_papier.bib'

but when i try to insert a reference it replies :

kpse status = 512
kpse result = `'
Bibfile:

it seems not to recognize my bib file isn't it.

--- 3rd mail

i've got a problem with the bibtex reference insertion, (in lyx 1.1.3
and lyx 1.1.4pre2), and lyx 1.1.4 last release

but not with the 1.0.4 release

the test was made on an OSF1 flore V4.0 1091 alpha and a sun sparc
station with a red hat 6

when trying to put a citation reference in my document, (the bibtex file
and style is well specified at the end of the doc), lyx seems not to see
my references keys... but in the 1.0.4 version all work well

an idea please;

--- last mail with a replay from Staffan Ringbom

Try to include the enitre path for the bibfile.
At least that  works for me!

Life was easier with lyx-1.1.2 in this respect.
(1.1.2 was a damned good release)

best,
            Staffan

---- in fact it works whth including the complete path in lyx

Dear Yann,

Made a push in this issue earlier to Jean-Marc Lasgouttes.

Would highly apreciate if you  also could  make a push
by informing your observations to the developer team.

Have you tried this:

Include the entire path while editing the text.
Remove it from the final version.
run view dvi.
To me everything is fine with the latex runs.
(But, obviously  I cannot view any citation keys from LyX)
Conclusion. This is definitely a LyX problem.

Best,

Staffan

Yann MORERE wrote:

> Staffan Ringbom wrote:
> >
> > Try to include the enitre path for the bibfile.
> > At least that  works for me!
> >

> that's work for me too, thank you,
>
> but it's crazy that it works in the previous version and not now !!!!
>
> > Life was easier with lyx-1.1.2 in this respect.
> > (1.1.2 was a damned good release)
>
> i recompiled the 1.0.4 version a pretty good stable version too
>
> regards,

---- my last reply

in fact i made this test at the very first time because i tried to
compile older documents (written with 1.0.4 version). So i wasn't able
to insert new citation (because lyx didn't see them), but the
compilation worked well, all my bibliography was there,

it isn't a latex problem, or la latex distribution problem, but really a
lyx bug.

> To me everything is fine with the latex runs.

me too

> (But, obviously  I cannot view any citation keys from LyX)
> Conclusion. This is definitely a LyX problem.

I agree with you

My conclusion is  :

when running lyx, in order to include citation, you must include the
whole path in the bibtex database field.

but when compiling, latex does not requires this path (the bibliography
is well created)

this remark is proved by the lyx message in the devel version

this message is given by lyx when i compile my lyx file

kpse status = 512
kpse result = `'
style = `'
data = `/users/laih2/ymorere/lyx/these/theorems/bib_papier.bib'

but when i try to insert a reference it replies :

kpse status = 512
kpse result = `'
Bibfile:

regards

Yann

--
"Y faut liiirrreee, Arlequin, Champion de l'amourrrr" Dany Boon
Yann MORERE              [EMAIL PROTECTED]