Kayvan> Starting LyX, File->Open a document in another directory with
Kayvan> embedded encapsulated postscript files. LyX tries to display
Kayvan> them, but the images are stuck at a blank box and the
Kayvan> "[rendering...]" string displays forever.

Kayvan> If you invoke lyx like "lyx /path/to/file.lyx" then the images
Kayvan> display correctly.

Kayvan> Hopefully some of you know where to look to fix this.

I noticed something like that earlier, but cannot reproduce it now...
Could you give me a step by step example? I am sure it will be easy to
fix then.