Yet Another Bug Report...

I'm trying to track down a problem that looks related to Michael Schmitt's
report of UMRs when a whole paragraph is cut and then repasted.

What I did was start a new document from template (IEEEtran) modify the
title.  Modified the abstract.  Used C-k (delete to end of line) to cull
the remainder of the abstact. This took two C-k's.  The second C-k caused
a segfault.  It looks like a problem with LyXText::CutSelection as the
variable first_phys_par in that function is assigned a bogus value (this
may be due to FirstPhysicalPar() but I haven't got that far.  I
interrupted my debugging session to get some sleep).  The contents of
first_physical_par looks like a character table each byte is one higher
than the previous byte.  This causes havoc with the various pointers in
the structure.

The segfault eventually occurs when LyXText::SetCounter() tries to
par->labelstring.clear() and the lyxstring thinks its about 1GB in length.

Oh and to complicate matters I had LyX as narrow as I could get it so it
looked like a single column from a two column document.  This was with
lyx-devel cvs as of yesterday (before Lars latest).  I'll hopefully finish
tracking this down tonight but I figured I'd remind everyone there are
still problems with double-space.

Allan. (ARRae)