On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Allan == Allan Rae <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Allan> On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Allan Rae wrote:
Allan> > Read the comments in the various files.  Have fun I'm off to catch a bus.

Allan> Well I had a great weekend, reading my Guidebook to Europe, no thesis
Allan> work though. Did anybody attempt to compile or read any of this stuff?

I've had a look at it all, but have been unable to compile
it using egcs 1.1.2.

I have, however, been playing quite a lot with this stuff,
and so here's what I've been doing, for what its worth.
I've been attempting to redesign Allan's implementation to
minimise code-redundancy. Hopefully, this'll lead to an
elegant as well as function xforms GUI.

This is definitely a "work in progress". I'm sending it in
because I want comments. Don't bash me too hard!

Angus

Main notes:
1. HideBase is the base class on which all forms are based.
2. ApplyBase is derived from HideBase and is the base form
for any form which returns information to the LyX core. At
present this is simply FormPrint
3. XFormComp.[Ch] contains a bunch of small wrapper classes
for xforms buttons, text input etc. This will lead to a
minimum of code duplication and also ensure that all forms
have the same "Look".
4. Maybe Label.[Ch] should be binned.

Minor notes.
There are a lot of small, neat changes in HideBase over
what I inherited.

FD_form is the minimum necessary interface for xform's
FL_FORM. Note that those silly pointers vdata, cdata and
ldata really are unnecessary.

I've had to comment out FormPrint::apply() and
FormPrint::update() to get the thing to compile, so this
code has NOT been tested. The basic structure looks pretty
good, however.

xforms_mod.tar.bz2