I thought lyx was heading in the direction of "toolkit independence". Just
consider xforms 0.81 as another toolkit. After all, it only requires 10 lines
of code to support.

I don't like to upgrade my system for no reason. Please remember that there are
LOTS of users like me who have relatively old linux distributions and don't
want to start an upgrade chase. That's one of the reasons I moved away from
windows, because I hate it when every application requires a system
upgrade. There is no real issue her - it's just 10 lines of code. Just accept
it.

Gady.