Lars> Ok... note that you are the only cause why I still (kindo want
Lars> to) support gcc 2.8.x.

Thanks for being so good to me :)

Lars> That is the problem, we want to get rid of the using statements.

The real question is 'why?'. Although I can see how some things other
gcc 2.8 shortcoming may be bad and force a bad programming style,
those using statements are really not a big pain...

Lars> Especialy since I now compile only with the new stdc++ lib from
Lars> gnu, with -fhonor-std turned on by default...

So, in two months we will release a version of LyX which only
compiles with a beta version of the next GNU C++ library. Great.