On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 12:23:34PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Andre> I plan to do some cosmetic changes to mathed/*.
>
> Andre> (1) Rename MathSqrtInset to InsetSqrt (in line with insets/*)
> Andre> (2) Rename the files into InsetSqrt.{h,C} (3) put everything
> Andre> into namespace lyx
>
> Andre> Objections?
>
> Well, since math insets are not really insets that can be used in the
> rest of LyX, it may make more sense to only rename the ones that
> derive from InsetOld (and maybe even move them to src/insets/ directory?)

With Inset unification being the big goal math insets are 'real' insets.

> Concerning the namespace, lyx::mathed would look nice.

I have a strong aversion against nested namespaces. One ends up with
load of line noise outweighing any benefits. Putting everything in a
namespace, however, _has_ the advantage of shielding the outside world
from us and to a certain degree us from the outside world.

Andre'