Joost Verburg schrieb:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Shit... That's weird, I see that also when not launching in step by step debugging mode (with F5). But the behaviour is OK in debugging mode!

What do you think is the cause of the problem? A buffer overflow in Aspell? Are there any tools available to locate it?

Maybe we could use pspell instead for the next windows release?
Hmmm.... actually I don't understand all the trouble. AFAICS, Aspell 0.60.4 works well with LyX 1.4.2. Why should the situation have changed for 1.4.3?

If the problem is related to MSVC or, to be more precise, is uncovered by MSVC, why don't we stick with MinGW for 1.4.3 and sort out things for 1.4.4? IMHO there is no urgent needs to switch to MSVC now. MSVC may be smarter and faster than MinGW but does it really matter? LyX 1.4.3 + Aspell + Scons + MinGW (without MSYS) seems to work.

Joost, I would suggest updating the installer first (drop MSYS).

Just my 2 cents,

Michael