Martin Vermeer schrieb:
On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 11:29:58PM +0200, Michael Gerz wrote:
John, JMarc,

what do you think about the patch below? The idea is to have a submenu for character styles that combines layout-specific char styles, bold/emphasize/noun style, and the font dialog. The layout-specific char styles have been moved from menu "Insert". Although the styles are actually implemented as insets, the user does not think in terms of "inserting" something. Bold/emphasize/noun style - whether you like it or not - are frequently requested features. There is at least one bugzilla report for re-adding "bold" to the menu. The font dialog is listed at the end ("Other...") because users should not be encouraged to use it often. Regarding the word-* functions: We might move them to the submenu as well to shorten the "Edit" menu (as done in the patch). However, after testing "word-capitalize", I really doubt that this particular functions is very useful (why do we have it at all?).

Any comments?

Michael

This looks very nice to me.

- Martin

Since Martin likes it and there were not complains, I will commit in a minute...

Michael