+
+inline bool operator<(LyXParagraph::InsetTable const & a,
+                     LyXParagraph::InsetTable const & b)
+{
+        return a.pos < b.pos;
+}
+

This one looks conceptually wrong.
When comparing two InsetTables you need to take pos into account.
Instead of using this operator< (I assume you add this because of
lowerbound) create an appropriate functor

struct compare_insettable_pos {
public:
        inline bool operator()(LyXParagraph::InsetTable const & a,
                               LyXParagraph::InsetTable const & b) const
        {
                return a.pos < b.pos;
        }
}

        ... = lowerbound(a, b, compare_insettable_pos());

[...]

btw. why a vector for InsetTable? I would thing that a list suited the
sorted/kept sorted sequence a lot better.

        Lgb