Ran> Dear sirs, I have recently contacted Mr. Tzafrir Cohen, in order
Ran> to help with the Hebrew translation of the document, which is
Ran> quite old (the translation is dated back to 2002 and obviously
Ran> the program had been updated since). Mr. Cohen wrote to me back
Ran> that he does not maintain the Hebrew translation anymore.

Hello,

We would be very happy to see new things happening to the hebrew
translations. There are actually 3 things you could help us with:

- translate the interface (po/he.po)

- translate the documentation (we only have intro and tutorial now)

- tell us what works and what does not work in current RtL-related
  support. Nobody in the team is qualified to this, unfortunately.

Ran> I would be more than happy to assist with the translation, and
Ran> therefore, I would be glad I you can contact Mr. Cohen and if he
Ran> is willing, I will be able to replace him as the contact for the
Ran> Hebrew language (and therefore become the head translator into
Ran> Hebrew.

I think there is no problem to have you as the new lead. If Tzafrir
Cohen told you he is not active anymore, the position is open!

Ran> I tried to contact the documentation team but no answer came
Ran> back.

Yes, I saw your message, but was a bit busy.

Ran> I would like to mention that Hebrew is my native-language and I'm
Ran> fluent in English as well.

This is very good. I propose that you start from version 1.4.x, since
1.5 is really for later. You can either grab the documentation and
interface localization from 1.4.3 source, or grab latest svn with

  svn co svn://svn.lyx.org/lyx/lyx-devel/branches/BRANCH_1_4_X lyx-1.4.x

Please do not hesitate to ask for help if you need to.