José Matos wrote:
On Wednesday 25 October 2006 8:34 am, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Nothing wrong per see. But I agree with Georg that "alpha stage" should
not necessarily mean "no more feature".

That is where I disagree. The release of an alpha release, at least at this stage should mean no more features.

Even if these are straight forward features that does not destabilize the core, like for example simple frontend only feature? Just asking, I don't want to create a polemic.

  This does not mean no more code on present features.
A feature does not needs to be fully implemented by alpha 1 - (Ruby), but we should make the present features bug free for final release.

Sure.

When I speak about features I mean, for example, the list compiled by Michael about Georg's work.

Then that answers my question above...

I think that we need to alternate periods of bug fixing and periods for
polishing.

I would like the polishing to be done as soon as possible to allow for better bug fixing later.

I meant polishing as "more code on present features" and I reckon this is OK for you.

Abdel.