Are bookmarks global or per-document currently? If they are global,
the code should go to lyxfunc.C, if they are buffer-local, the code
should go to BufferView.C. It is as simple as that.

My understanding is bookmark = filename + cursor position, and is a
global thing. It should be accessible from any new window, even if
there is no active buffer in that window (not the case now).

Another improvement I can see is that we can change menu item "Goto
bookmark 3" to something like "Go to FAQ: P3". It is totally confusing
when you have five bookmarks and no hint what they are.

JMarc, do you agree to move bookmarks to lyxfunc.C?

Bo