Wisdom Beyhum wrote:
Hi, i tried downloading the file lyx-143-4.exe from
[...]
Now, here's my question: why why why why why why why oh WHY was there a trojandownloader in the lyx executable file? and if you are already aware of the problem, then please let me know if i employed the correct procedure to get lyx to install and get rid of the trojan!?
There is no trojan in lyx.  There is a downloader though, because
lyx needs quite a few other software packages to do its work.
A downloader relieves the user of the burden of locating,
downloading and configuring about 5 other big software packages.

Since there is no virus, the "correct" way is to simply let the lyx
installer go on with its job.  Perhaps getting rid of the faulty
virus scanner might help with this. A message to your provider
might put some pressure on them to do things right.

It is sad that windows is so vulnerable, that this kind of extremely
suspicious over-eager virus scanner can be considered useful.
Or even necessary. With linux I have two
computers with permanent net connection - and no antivirus
software other than occationally checksumming my files.  Only
one incident since 1997. My biggest security problem is cats stepping on
the keyboard at bad times, I have had some documents with
several screenfuls of "p". . . :-)

Helge Hafting