Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2006 20:42 schrieb Bennett Helm:

> Speed is the overwhelmingly important issue on Mac. Once that's
> solved, it will make sense for me to start investigating other issues.

I agree. Since your time is so precious the best thing you can do currently
is to help Abdel with profiling the speed problem while ignoring all other
problems. That is the only chance to get LyX usable at all on OS X unless
another Mac user with more time steps in.

IMO 1.5.0 final should support OS X, and it should work at least as quick
as 1.4.x (which is too slow already). Releasing a 1.5.0 that is not usable
on OS X is not acceptable IMO.

Georg