Martin Vermeer wrote:

I'm not sure your description is quite right... the problem is the statement

        buffer_view_->updateMetrics(false);

which you added in revision 14456. It repaints the whole screen every time
redraw is
called -- which happens even when only a row or para repaint ought to be done
(elsewhere the updateMetrics call takes the singlepar argument).

Can this patch be somehow reverted? I.e., store state in
buffer_view_->needsRedraw etc.
I expect Bennett will see a spectacular speedup then...

It might very well be my fault indeed. We changed the metrics subsystem quite a lot and, IIRC, this change was needed at that time to avoid a crash because of incomplete coordcache. Now that the situation is stabilized WRT the coordcache I think it make sense to re-enable the single row/par repaint.

I look forward to a patch from you ;-)

Abdel.