Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Abdelrazak> This is really, really _wrong_, a paragraph should not
Abdelrazak> have any notion of rows. By modifying the geometry of the
Abdelrazak> windows (the BufferView) you also modify the model (the
Abdelrazak> Buffer) because the rows() information is not valid any
Abdelrazak> more.

So the rows should be moved to coordcache, right?

Maybe something like that yes. In any case this row information should should be BufferView dependant not Buffer dependant. I think there's not even a need to split up paragraph into rows at the core level. Only the paragraphs that are going to be shown on screen really need to be split up. This job could and should be delegated to the frontend.

Abdelrazak> Georg is right, the LyX core is not ready for
Abdelrazak> Multiple-view. There's too much that needs to be
Abdelrazak> re-designed. So either someone steps up and cleanup that
Abdelrazak> mess by putting the rows calculation outside of the Buffer
Abdelrazak> or we disable the multi-windows feature.

Disabling multi-window is not very funny, but it might be the best
solution indeed.

I've hacked a solution to solve the crash in the mean time... dunno if that is enough to keep the feature.

Abdel.