Helge Hafting wrote:
John Levon wrote:
On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 12:58:32PM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:

You have a point.  Ideally, we should use native widgets.  But
only if they are good enough for our use. If not, then rolling
our own makes lyx better. The alternative to our own cursor
then is not to use a bad widget, but to actually fix qt4.

I find it hard to believe that we are so very special that the rich
ability to use native widgets is not enough for us...
I liked the two-pixel cursor -  and so did several others.
Some even have problems seeing the single-pixel cursor
on their screens.
Now, if qt4 can't display a two-pixel cursor, then it is too
restricted.  Don't put too much trust in libraries.

The Qt4 library is not at fault here. We (I) hard-coded the width because it is very wrong to let the user decides this kind of thing if he choose to.

I, for one, don't agree with this assumption but, hey, I am not a ui expert so I just followed the majority.

As long as I have my 2-pixel cursor on Windows... ;-)

Abdel.