On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> I use that also but I think a more intuitive way for that would just to
> use the BackSpace key. If the paragraph is empty, then the environment
> will switch automatically to "Standard" instead of deleting the new
> paragraph. Of course this will mean that one has to backspace twice in
> order to effectively backspace and delete the paragraph. But this
> behaviour would be fully in line with all other word processor that I
> know (MS Word, OpenOffice, MS PowePoint).

I find this behaviour in eg Word very annoying... so I guess people work
differently.

> The user should not have to use the GUI to do something as simple as
> that!

I agree it should be simple to make the current environment change to the
standard environment. What do you think about binding a keybord shortcut,
perhaps 'M-s', to this action (combined with a separate GUI button)?

On second thought... maybe somethign like this should really be discussed
on the users' list. I don't use LyX these days, and I was probably never a
typical user anyway...

/Christian