Georg,

I am working on an alternative patch right now that fixes this and another bug (regarding backup failure).

Give me some time to polish it.

Michael

Georg Baum schrieb:
Michael Gerz wrote:

Georg, Enrico,

something is wrong with the file encoding in Buffer::save(). If I save
changes to an (existing) file which is located in a path containing
German Umlauts (Windows), an exception is thrown. The exception message
isn't very useful. I says that the copy operation failed :-(

The value of pimpl_->filename.toFilesystemEncoding() is (console output):

    C:/dokumente und einstellungen/me/eigene
dateien/foo/Veröffentlichungen/bar//foo.lyx

The value of s is:

   C:/dokumente und einstellungen/me/eigene
dateien/foo/Veröffentlichungen/bar/foo.lyx~

Any idea? (I surprises me that I am the only one having this problem)

You seem to be the only one who uses non-ascii filenames with a non-utf8
filesystem. As you can see above the encoding of s is wrong, because s is
initialized with Buffer::fileName(). That gives a utf8-encoded string, but
we need one in the filesystem encoding.
The attached (untested) patch fixes that, if it works please put it in, I
don't have so much time currently.

Georg