Uwe Stöhr schrieb:
We either introduced in LyX 1.4.0 much more bugs than in previous releases or our user base has grown and so we get more bug reports. I assume the latter is the case.
1.4.0 wasn't ready when it was released. Many bugs in 1.4.X cannot even be fixed today because the code base is so bad (e.g. most bugs related to change tracking).

To make LyX 1.5 more stable than LyX 1.4.0 I think we should, besides the known crash bugs, fix some of the regressions, if this doesn't imply file format changes, and as much as possible bugs targeted to 1.5.
I think we are already stabilizing 1.5.0! And I am quite happy with the way 1.5.0 evolves. We are a VERY GOOD TEAM these days!

Shouldn't we better concentrate now on stability issues and bugfixing than reaching the absolute maximal speed and cleanest ever possible code?
Oh, we do so most of the time.

(BTW: I have some fixes to change tracking and plain text export in my local tree. I will continue work by the end of the week)

Of course there are some performance problems left, see e.g. bug 3099, but I mean that many of the open bugs can easily and quickly be fixed if a bug is in the working field of a developer.
Believe me, 1.5.0 will be very stable and pure joy! :-)

Michael