Quoting Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Abdelrazak> Take this patch if you want to see some debug outputs.
> Abdelrazak> It's working perfectly here and it's really a _huge_
> Abdelrazak> performance boost under Windows!
>
> So this was the cause of the mysterious delay when renumbering
> paragraphs, right?

Yes. It's probably worth doing something like this in 1.4 also. But then, we
should stop someday backporting fixes...

> Does this mean that your special renumbering cases
> are not really needed anymore?

I guess so but I'd like to keep them nevertheless for clarity reason. Because I
still think that the renumbering should not be done for the full document each
time. The special cases are a hint to what needs to be done (in 1.6).

Besides, On really big and highly hierarchized document the delay is still
sensible.

Abdel.

PS: gmane interface seems to be dead so I might miss some questions in the list.
Put me in copy if there's something urgent.