christian> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Georg Baum wrote:
>>> Also, it would be nice to make the list of presentations-related
>>> classes coherent, like
>>>
>>> presentation (foilTeX) presentation (slides) presentation (beamer)
>>> presentation (powerdot) presentation (seminar)

christian> What's the important parameter to avoid breaking old
christian> .lyx-files? Is it the name of the .layout-file, or is it
christian> the name in the layout file?

christian> (I'm guessing only the name of the .layout-file matters,
christian> but...)

Yes, only the name of the layout file matters. What is shown above is
just the description for the UI.