killermike wrote:

On Windows, the directory where I've checked out and *compiled* LyX, the size is about 500 MB.

Just the directory with a download of the source is about 80 MB, but I that's twice as big as what'll you actually download. So say 40-80 MB.

However, you might need additional packages...

How big is your quota?

My quota is 2gig a month (no laughing!) so, that looks quite do able.
I've built 1.4.3 on this machine so, hopefully, I'll already have some
of what I need. Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the help. Now running 1.5.0 :-) I'll start fooling around
with it and try to file some bugs.

--
http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, music, geek sitcom etc.
http://www.unmusic.co.uk/amhs/ - alt.music.home-studio