Uwe> Joost's installer is based on mine but he build in many special
Uwe> things that I cannot maintain. I listed the differences here:
Uwe> http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller

I do not see what Joost built in. Only the advantages f your installer...

Uwe> I'm not able to maintain Joost's code :-(

It is a pity that we have to keep two installers. One reason why I'd
rather not have your installer in the tree is that you keep adding
things that are not in LyX itself. This is absolutely your right, but
have two slightly different versions of LyX in the same tree is not a
good idea.