On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, killermike wrote:

If I start a new document and try to 'save as...' the file save dialogue opens up in my home dir (/home/killermike/). The filter for .lyx files is set by default. This means that no directories are shown. Selecting *.* as the filter and then selecting *.lyx again shows .lyx files AND directories.

Screenshot below:
< www.unmusic.co.uk/saveas.jpg

Question: should I be reporting bugs of this sort here or should I put them straight into bugzilla?

I don't have a good answer, but I'm interested in what the others think.

To me the important thing is that the bug isn't forgotten, which probably means that it must be added to bugzilla. AFAICT, the only drawback with directly filing a report is that if the fix was dead easy, a very small amount of work will have been wasted on filing the report and then marking it as fixed... (or duplicate).

OTOH, posting the report on the list allows people to ask questions and give comments, which might result in a much better bug report, thus making it easier to fix the bug later on. It might also be that it's easier for *you* to first post something on the list, and then when you've gotten some feedback file it in bugzilla.

So I'd say: Do it the way that feels good to you so that you keep on reporting bugs!

Either way your work is appreciated :-)
/Christian