>> IMO a good prove that the current strategy works is the actual
>> series. 1.4.0 was released with lots of bugs and flaws. Now look at
>> 1.4.4svn: It's still not perfect, but it stabilized significantly
>> (with any minor release). I think this is a result of Jean-Marc's
>> conservative door-keeping and his very careful reviewing of every
>> single patch.

Abdelrazak> Well, I don't want to diminish JMarc role which was really
Abdelrazak> great but 1.4svn is also stabilizing a lot because most of
Abdelrazak> the bugs were solved first in 1.5svn.

It depends. There are some fundamental problems that indeed were fixed
in 1.5 first. And then there are all the small bugs that are too
trivial to interest a real developer but are nevertheless really
annoying to users.

But of course I keep an eye on what happens at 1.5 level wondering
everytime "would that be good for 1.4?".