On Tuesday 23 January 2007 1:26:49 pm Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> > younes> Author: younes Date: Tue Jan 23 13:38:20 2007 New Revision:
> > younes> 16823
> >
> > younes> URL: http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/16823 Log: With this
> > younes> commit, errors and warnings can use message box even before
> > younes> LyX is properly initialized. This is especially useful for
> > younes> missing sysdir and/or userdir directory.
> >
> > And what if LyX is running in batch mode? Will we have to endure
> > annoying dialogs?
>
> Only if there is an error. You sure don't want to execute lyx in batch
> mode if lyx is not properly installed, do you?

  Abdel that argument is not an argument, things can go wrong and they always
go when you less expect it.

> > This would be a regression.
>
> batch mode is only for export up to now. Here there is no regression as
> the export function don't need any dialog.
>
> Abdel.

  I propose a compromise, write the warnings both to lyxerr and to the dialog.
After all you raise a dialog because you thing the issue is sufficiently
important to get one.

  If the mode is nogui don't raise the dialog. This will please everyone. :-)

--
José Abílio