Bo Peng wrote:
So you have your hidec.exe working? I think people are talking about
more command line options to pass rc options and language settings.

The official installer includes a lyx.exe that handles the environment variables and everything else. A GUI with a debug log is provided in case of a crash, without requiring a command line window to stay open. When the -dgb option is used you'll also get this log.

All command line parameters are passed to LyX itself, so things that are added to LyX will work automatically. Of course an option to override the language setting in the registry can also be added.

Note that using a language setting in any file (like lyx.bat) inside the LyX installation directory is problematic, because each user should be able to set a different language without having write access here. My installer therefore uses a HKCU registry key (with HKLM as a possible system-wide default value).

Joost