On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

.. this is then the definite line.

I now have

- Python, ImageMagick, and Ghostscript (bundled, not separately
  installed because only the needed files are bundled)

Please correct me if I've gotten this wrong:

* Python, ImageMagick and Ghostscript are not installed as separate
  applications?

* Only the required subset of these applications are installed?

* Separate installers for these applications are never launched?

- MiKTeX (only in the complete version, required, will be installed
  using its own installer)

* MikTeX is only included by the "complete" installer version.

* MikTeX is installed by launching the MikTeX installer

What if there already is a LaTeX distribution installed?

What do you mean by saying that MikTeX is "required"?

- JabRef, and GSview (only in the complete version, optional, will be
  installed using its own installer)

* JabRef and GSview is only included by the complete installr
* Installing them are optional
* They are installed using their separate installers

 Does Joost's installer already support the option of doing a minimal
 installation? If that's the case, we already have a minimal installer.

Yes it does. While cooling down in reading your email I came to the proposal I just posted.

There's been so much traffic... which post is this?

cheers
/Christian