>>  OK, we'll see. Since it is in now there is little ponit arguing
>> anyway.

Abdelrazak> Do you honnestly think that the old caption layout was
Abdelrazak> better?

The old system was customizable. Where do I specify the font used for
the insetcaption label? How do I specify that the memoir class accepts
2 optional arguments?

Abdelrazak> Quite frankly I am sold to the idea of insets. I even
Abdelrazak> think that we should have section insets

I suspect that what you like in insets is the facility of hardcoding
everything and removing customizability. This is a big regression IMO.

Abdelrazak> and why not paragraph insets instead of this LyXText
Abdelrazak> mammoth.

So now a paragraph is an inset, and text is a vector of inset. What
did we gain? Hardcoding again? Do we go back to LyX 0.7p4d4 good old
time?

Abdelrazak> We could also put in a dummy figure in there... optionally
Abdelrazak> of course! (I can see hard-core Latexer beginning to shout
Abdelrazak> when reading this).

There may be ways to do this cleanly.