Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Since we are at it: What would be 'average'?

The 66th percentile for a "competent" new hire (meaning a certain company pays
a base salary that matches or exceeds 66% of other US companies for the same
kind of work) is about one and a half times that. Many of these companies will
also pay employees with some kind of stock award/option.

US tax comes in at about 20% of total salary.

The likely downside if you're coming from abroad is that you'll go from being
a two income household to a one income household. Of course, if your better
half can also organize a company to sponsor them through the visa process,
you're laughing...

Anybody interested still? I can put names forward...

Angus