Sorry for the very late reply. Norbert Koksch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I would like compile a new version of LyX for OS/2. T= > he last version I could > compile was 1.04. > > For it I need the configure.cmd, however it is not contained in the tar-file of > lyx.1.1.5pre1. > Could you send me the configure.cmd and (if possible) additional information > for compiling? (The top level) configure.cmd is obsoleted by. Please follow the step like this: 1. Install GNU m4, gnu?utils, aclocal/2, autoheader/2, automake/2, autoconf/2, perl, GNU patch and a UNIX type shell like pdksh. 2. Apply the quick_fix.patch attached. // os2_defines.h needs a modification because bmtable.c is C. // Now it hits me, why don't we patch "test -x" (gnufutils)? // However, we can't modify the behavior of "test -f", so // it is still necessary to modify script files for LyX. 3. Install xforms 0.88 and rename forms.a -> forms_d.a forms_s.a -> forms.a // Ever since 1.1.5pre1, you cannot link xforms dynamically. // If you don't like this, please ask Holger Veit to export // fl_get_scrollbar_bounds, fl_get_scrollbar_increment and // fl_get_scrollbar_value from the DLL. They're already there! 4. Install Hung-Chi Chu's port of GNU gettext. Other ports will not work. 5. Set environment variables MAKE_SHELL=sh LIBS=-lulib -lsocket -lbsd -lshm -lstdcpp // ulib must be linked if we use static xforms library. // Unless you are using pgcc, we use gcc rather than g++. // Hence stdc++ must be linked explicitely. Also please // note that ld for pgcc often fails to link big executables // like unstripped lyx.exe 6. From sh prompt, type autogen.sh and then configure --prefix=/XFree86 --datadir=/XFree86/lib/X11 x11make // Please do not use make.cmd make.exe should be OK. // x11make.exe is the safest choice // While you are running configure, make sure that it is not // a background process to other CPU intensive processes. // While OS/2 kernel is much more efficient, faster and // more responsive than other systems like LINUX (you can // easily *FEEL* this if you stop PM/WPS and run XFree86 // only), its TTY interface is lousy, to say the least. // If the synchronization to the children breaks, configure // often detects wrongfully. > Or it is possible to download the compiled program? 7. If you are going to make a binary distribution, you have to prepare lib/configure.cmd noweb2lyx.cmd and reLyX.cmd, since end users may not have a UNIX type shell installed. At this stage, lib/configure.cmd in the 1.1.5pre1 should work without change. // If Dekel Tsur introduces the converter_command tag to lyxrc, // the situation changes. In order to create noweb2lyx.cmd and reLyX.cmd, first rename noweb2lyx and reLyX and open them in a text editor. You have to remove hardcoded path in the first line: #!perl Also in reLyX.cmd, $lyxdir should be changed to include the drive letter (the line 21): $lyxdir = "$ENV{X11ROOT}/XFree86/lib/X11/lyx"; Finally, prepend a line extproc perl.exe -S so that cmd.exe pass the execution control to perl. // I know configure.cmd had done this automatically. // So you can compare the result with the scripts in 1.0.4 // distribution. Hope the explanation above helps. If you encounter any error(s) please report it (them) to the LyX developer's list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Regards, SMiyata

quick_fix.patch.gz