John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
On 3/1/07, Helge Hafting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My webserver (apache) is stupid enough to call a lyx file "text/plain",
and of course you can't override text/plain in mozpluggerrc
because the browser believe it can handle text/plain itself
and so it stupidly displays the lyx file as a text file.

If someone has a solution to this problem (make mozplugger
go by extension only, or fix all the webservers in the world so
they don't assume a lyx file is plain text) then that'd be nice.

When, you could kill two birds with one stone and ask people to compress
   (select Document->Compressed checkbox)
their lyx files before putting them on the web. This means that any
normal webserver will report the lyx file as an
application/octet-stream. E.g. try loading:
  http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~john/compressed.lyx
v.s. loading
  http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~john/Extended.lyx
in mozplugger.

Good idea the compressed output. Works well on my Ubuntu system.