Andre Poenitz wrote:
Just a general question: What do people think is a good time to rename a
bunch of files? Immediately after a stable release, anytime in between,
immediately before a stable release?

I think I can find good arguments for and against either version...

[I want to rename our QFoo.* into just Foo* in the long run, as the "Q"
prefix is sort of reserved to "real" Qt classes and using them ourselves
is more than slightly confusing. Quick check: QLog - ours or theirs?]

I would say "before a stable release", especially for GUI files because it is then easier to backport changes. And I suspect that there would be a lot of polishing happening in the 1.5.x series.

My advice: do that just *after* beta 2. By the way, where are we on that that front Jose? I don't think there's any pending patch except maybe from Georg... Georg?

Abdel.