Stefan Schimanski wrote:
Hi!

Maybe that was discussed before... I was wondering about those ugly parenthesis in LyX formulas. While text is nicely antialiased nowadays all hand drawn math objects are not. Qt has a "renderhint" for antialiasing (see http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qpainter.html#RenderHint-enum). Turning it on make lines smooth, but also a bit blurry it seems. Look at the before and after picture attached. The parenthesis still look not as smooth as they should be. Maybe some nicer math decoration polyline should be defined for that.

I like the effect on parenthesis personally but not on the straight lines. It should be possible to disable the effect for horizontal and vertical lines and also for rectangles. Could you produce a patch for that?

Abdel.