Angus> In my case, it would appear all the time. (This being multiple
Angus> citation keys in one citation inset. If the keys have easily
Angus> understandable names, then it only takes two or three to
Angus> produce quite a long inset.) If the key comes at the start of
Angus> the line, no problem. Often however, it comes near the end and
Angus> hence my desire to make it wrap. I was of the impression that
Angus> drawing multiple buttons would affect only
Angus> InsetCommand::draw().

Easy solution: if the width of the button is more that some fixed
value (or half the textwidth), chop the text off and add "...".