Edwin Leuven schrieb:
Michael Gerz wrote:
The problem is the double \\ which is collapsed into a single \ somewhere in your code. However, in the po files we assume that the message has two \\ . Therefore, the internal message and the translation do not match => no translation.

the attached then?

Wait a minute. This is an excerpt of the current stdtoolbars.inc

       Toolbar "style" "Styles"
Item "Display style \\displaystyle" "math-insert \displaystyle" Item "Normal text style \\textstyle" "math-insert \textstyle" Item "Script (small) style \\scriptstyle" "math-insert \scriptstyle" Item "Scriptscript (smaller) style \\scriptscriptstyle" "math-insert \scriptscriptstyle"
       End

Why do we need a double \\ in the label but only single \ in the command?

Can't we find a solution where a backslash is represented by a single \ ?

Michael