Eran> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>> Note however that it is a matter of setting up correctly the latex
>> system. While LyX should try to help, we do not want to change it
>> just because of the choice redhat has done... Would aec fonts solve
>> the problem?

Eran> I must confess that I have no idea what are the aec fonts. I

Sorry, it should have been "ae" fonts. Point your browser here for an
explanation:
ftp://ftp.loria.fr/pub/unix/tex/ctan/help/Catalogue/entries/ae.html

Excerpt:        "A set of virtual fonts which emulates T1 coded fonts using
                 the standard CM fonts. The package is called AE fonts
                 (for Almost European). The main use of the package is
                 to produce PDF files using versions of the CM fonts
                 instead of the bitmapped EC fonts. "