In the windowflags example of Qt it works fine though, in Qt 4.2 and 4.3. There must be something different in the toc widget which stop the draw from moving "into" the window.

Is there anybody with Qt 4.3 on mac who could try the patch and see whether one can resize the drawer so much that is slides below the window after hitting the widget's minimal size?

I'm not sure what patches I should be applying at this point. What I have are Jean-Marc's original patch to enable the drawer for TOC, together with Jürgen's most recent svn update. Tell me if I should be using something different.

That's enough. I didn't do any other essential changes.

Toggling the drawer works fine, both with the menu and a custom keybinding. One issue here, though, is focus. When the TOC drawer opens, the "Type" drop-down list has focus; on Mac, it's not possible to use the keyboard to navigate to the TOC contents or back to the main text. I'd suggest the focus ought to be either on the TOC contents or -- preferably for consistency with other Mac programs -- remain on the main text.

The focus certainly is a more general problem. Also as dock widget those problems exist.

Grabbing the drawer edge and dragging it will resize it properly, so that dragging it just a bit smaller than the minimum width results in its bouncing open to the minimum, and dragging it most of the way closed results in its automatically closing. Two issues here:

Ok, good to know that it at least moving under window with 4.3.

(a) After closing the drawer with the mouse, the next attempt to open the TOC fails, though the one after that succeeds. (Apparently LyX doesn't recognize that the drawer was closed with the mouse, and so tries closing it with the first attempt, even though it's already closed.)

I wonder whether the drawer is really closed or just moved behind the main window. When closing it here (with Qt 4.2) it can be opened again with the toolbar button. So that's why I guess it's not really closed.

(b) The movement of the drawer "contents" (and not the drawer itself) is jerky. That is, the scroll bar and the buttons "jiggle" around a bit as I slide the drawer open and closed with the mouse. Not a big deal (and I suspect a Qt-4.3 flaw), but not as clean as it should be.

I saw that as well in QtDemo, a Qt bug.

Stefan